In response to the needs of training and labour promotion of groups at risk of social exclusion, Nuevo Hogar Betania proposes a comprehensive training that activates and develops key skills for the development of tools, skills and attitudes that facilitate a to train and subsequently work in the field of hospitality; thus enhancing the employability of the participants.
The Escuela de Hostelería de Nuevo Hogar Betania will soon be located in El Puerto de Santa María (Cádiz), in C/ Los Moros nº7 in Bodega de Mora, where the practical part will be developed and its main aim is to train in technical and personal skills for the social and labour integration of the beneficiaries, favouring the potential that each person has.
Through this catering project, from Nuevo Hogar Betania, we seek to promote this concept of employability, being a second stage of the reintegration process with which we have been working with the users who are part of our programmes. In addition to the training, for those people who lack other resources, accommodation can also be provided during the phase of theoretical and practical preparation.
All the participants come from other programmes of our Entity, as well as from other public or private entities.
To promote actions that favour the autonomy and personal, social, family and work stabilisation of people in a situation or at risk of social exclusion. Through professional training in the hotel and catering trade.
To provide students with quality vocational training that will enable them to access the world of work, and the appropriate continuity in it.
To promote values of equality, in a transversal way during the whole training process.
To raise awareness of environmental care, responsible consumption and recycling.
To promote the acquisition and development of personal qualities and social skills.
To increase the employability of the users.
What is the profile of people to whom training is provided?
– Elderly men and women (with or without dependent children).
– People of foreign origin lacking resources.
– Homeless people (without economic resources and family and/or social support networks).
– People from the Bay of Cadiz (mainly) unemployed, at high risk of social exclusion.
– Prisoners: third degree and parolees.
– Women victims of gender violence and women victims of trafficking for sexual and/or labour exploitation.
What does the programme consist of?
The School programme will consist of 2 training modules:
– Basic bar and restaurant operations.
The training lasts 3 months, with a total of 400 hours, 250 hours of theory and training and 150 hours of practical work. These practices will be carried out in hotels and restaurants in the area that generate agreement with Nuevo Hogar Betania, and after this we intend to generate alliances to achieve a fairly high percentage of commitment to recruitment.
In a complementary way, various workshops are given to complement the training of our students by attending to other personal and/or social needs:
– Conflict resolution workshop.
– Health and hygiene workshop.
– Workshop on equal opportunities between men and women.
– Environmental workshop.
– Food handler workshop.
– Work integration workshop.
– Cultural, leisure and free time outings.
Do you want to collaborate with the Hotel and Catering School? Are you a company and do you want to make an internship agreement?
The companies that take on our students must have the following characteristics:
– Be formally constituted.
– Offer a work activity with a training character of a maximum of 25 hours per week.
– To have a reference person to carry out the tutoring tasks.
– Provide all the materials for the development of the work placement.
1st Edition Hotel and Catering School, 15 beneficiaries y 50% of labour reinsertion.
2nd Edition Hotel and Catering School, 15 beneficiaries y 70% of labour reinsertion.